I just moved with my dad from Missouri. I have a new car that needs to be registered in IL

Q) I just moved with my dad from Missouri ! But I have a new car that needs to be registered in IL ! what do I need to have to get plates for my new vehicle ?

A) To register your new vehicle in Illinois, you will need to go to a local Secretary of State office. When you go to the Secretary of State office, you will need to bring the following items:

  1. The title of your new vehicle, signed over to you by the previous owner.
  2. Your driver’s license or other acceptable form of identification.
  3. Proof of insurance for your new vehicle.
  4. Payment for any applicable fees, including registration fees, title transfer fees, and license plate fees.

The exact fees and required documents for registering your new vehicle in Illinois may vary, so it’s best to check the Illinois Secretary of State website or call the customer service line for the most up-to-date information. Additionally, you may need to provide additional documentation if your new vehicle was recently purchased, such as a bill of sale or out-of-state title certificate.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *