My car is being financed by ALLY, ALLY will not send the title to register my car

Q) I just moved to CT. That state requires the title to register my car. My car is being financed by ALLY, and ALLY will not send the title (which they hold), to CT. How can I resolve this issue so that I can register my car in the state in which I reside?

A) If you have recently moved to Connecticut and need to register your car, but the title is being held by the financing company, you will need to contact ALLY and request that they send the title to the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) on your behalf. Here are the steps you can take:

  1. Contact ALLY: Call ALLY’s customer service line and explain that you need the title sent to the Connecticut DMV so you can register your car.
  2. Provide the necessary information: You will need to provide ALLY with your new address in Connecticut and the contact information for the Connecticut DMV, which can be found on their website.
  3. Request that the title be sent to the Connecticut DMV: Ask ALLY to send the title directly to the Connecticut DMV. Make sure they have the correct address and contact information for the DMV.
  4. Follow up with the Connecticut DMV: Once ALLY has sent the title, follow up with the Connecticut DMV to confirm that they have received it and that your car can be registered.

It’s important to note that ALLY may have certain requirements or procedures that must be followed before they will release the title. Be sure to ask about any specific steps you need to take or forms you need to complete to facilitate the transfer of the title.

If you have difficulty resolving this issue with ALLY, you may want to consider seeking assistance from a consumer protection agency or legal organization in Connecticut.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *