Hamden CT DMV Office is ready to help if you need to take your driving test, renew your driving license, get a learner’s permit and many other services. Waiting times can some times be long depending on how many people are at the service center, so go early and you will get out early.
Hamden DMV Office
1985 State Street
Hamden, CT 06517
Hours of Operation:
Tue., Wed., Fri. – 7:45 a.m.-4 p.m.
Thurs. – 9:15 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Sat. – 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- ll Vehicle and Boat Registration Services
- All Driver’s License Services – This includes out-of-state license transfers.
- Testing – Knowledge, Road and Vision.
- Learner’s Permits – AVOID LINES:
- Name changes on DMV documents
- Duplicates of DMV documents
- Non-Driver ID Cards
- Disabled Parking Permits
- VIN Verifications – Effective July 1, 2013, DMV Branch Offices will not conduct VIN verifications.
Walk-in knowledge testing hours:
Tuesday – 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday – 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Thursday – 9:15 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday – 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Saturday – 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Traveling I-91 North: Take exit 5. At the traffic light proceed straight on State Street. DMV is approximately 3 miles on the right.
Traveling I-91 South: Take exit 10. Take first exit off the ramp (exit 1). Take a right off the exit to the traffic light. At the traffic light, take a right onto State Street. DMV is approximately 3 miles on the left.
Traveling Route 15 North: Take exit 62 and a left onto Dixwell Avenue. Go three tenths of a mile to Route 5 (State Street). Take a right onto State Street. DMV is approximately 3 miles on the left.
Traveling Route 15 South: Take exit 63 (Bishop Street). Turn left at end of the ramp. Take a left at first traffic light (Bishop Street Route 22). Take a right at second light (State Street/Route 5). DMV is 5 miles on the left.
Hamden CT DMV Office Tips:
- Show Up Early: DMV offices can sometimes be crowded. You must understand that over 75% of Americans drive to work every day. So a lot of people may be at the DMV office with concerns or questions related to their drivers license.
- Be prepared to wait: With lots of people at your local DMV office, if you are late you will have to wait. the best way to avoid the long lines at the DMV office is to get to the office early.
- Bring a snack: With the often long wait, you may get hungry. If you do you can snack while you wait in any DMV office. You don’t want to miss your number being called because you went out to buy a snack.
- Have a Cool Head: With lots of people at the DMV waiting to be seen it’s easy to get frustrated and loose you cool. Remember that the DMV office counselors are there to assist you. Keeping a cool head and being courteous will help speed the process along.
Locate another DMV Office in Connecticut.