You must show that your vehicle is properly insured before the driving test begins (or the test will be postponed). Your State DMV may require one or more of the following before taking the driving test.
- A document with the liability insurance policy or surety bond number.
- An Assigned Risk insurance card with the name of the assigned insurance company, file number, and current coverage dates.
- Current insurance binder or copy of an insurance policy signed or countersigned by an insurance company representative.
- Rental car contract if the driver is listed on the contract as the insured.
- DMV-issued certificate of self-insurance or acknowledgment of cash deposit.
- Written confirmation from the insurer that the person is insured.