Putnam CT DMV Office is ready to help if you need to take your driving test, renew your driving license, get a learner’s permit and many other services. Waiting times can some times be long depending on how many people are at the service center, so go early and you will get out early.
Putnam DMV Office
165 Kennedy Drive
Putnam, CT 06260
Hours of Operation:
Wed. and Fri. – 7:45 a.m.-4 p.m.
Sat. – 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Vehicle and Boat Registration Services – NOTE: This office does not perform VIN Verifications.
- Renewals of Driver Licenses ONLY – New (first-time) driver licenses and new endorsements must be processed at a DMV Hub office. Haz-Mat Endorsement renewals must be processed at a DMV Hub office.
- Name changes on DMV documents – NOTE: Non-U.S. citizens must visit a DMV Hub office to change a name on a DMV document.
- Duplicates of DMV documents (Duplicate titles are not processed in Putnam.)
- Non-Driver ID Cards – NOTE: Non-U.S. citizens must visit a DMV Hub office to obtain a Non-Driver ID Card for the first time.
- Disabled Parking Permits
Traveling I-84 East: Take exit 69 (Route 74 East). At junction of Route 44, take a left. Follow Route 44 into Putnam. At the first traffic light at intersection of Route 44 and Kennedy Drive, turn right. Immediately turn left into the municipal parking lot. DMV is in the small building in the corner of the parking lot.
Traveling Route 395 North and South: Take exit 95. At end of ramp, turn right onto Kennedy Drive. Just prior to first traffic light at intersection of Kennedy Drive and Route 44, take a right turn into the municipal parking lot. DMV is in small building in the corner of the parking lot.
Putnam CT DMV Office Tips:
- Show Up Early: DMV offices can sometimes be crowded. You must understand that over 75% of Americans drive to work every day. So a lot of people may be at the DMV office with concerns or questions related to their drivers license.
- Be prepared to wait: With lots of people at your local DMV office, if you are late you will have to wait. the best way to avoid the long lines at the DMV office is to get to the office early.
- Bring a snack: With the often long wait, you may get hungry. If you do you can snack while you wait in any DMV office. You don’t want to miss your number being called because you went out to buy a snack.
- Have a Cool Head: With lots of people at the DMV waiting to be seen it’s easy to get frustrated and loose you cool. Remember that the DMV office counselors are there to assist you. Keeping a cool head and being courteous will help speed the process along.
Locate another DMV Office in Connecticut.