Wethersfield CT DMV Office is ready to help if you need to take your driving test, renew your driving license, get a learner’s permit and many other services. Waiting times can some times be long depending on how many people are at the service center, so go early and you will get out early.
Hours of Operation:
Wethersfield DMV Office
60 State Street
Wethersfield, CT 06161
Tue., Wed., Fri. – 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Thurs. – 9:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Sat. – 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- All Vehicle and Boat Registration Services
- All Driver’s License Services – This includes out-of-state license transfers.
- Testing – Knowledge, Road and Vision.
- Learner’s Permits – (Learner’s Permit testing by appointment only through DMV’s online service.)
- Inspections – See Inspections Performed at DMV for hours of operation.
- Name changes on DMV documents
- Duplicates of DMV documents
- Non-Driver ID Cards
- Disabled Parking Permits
- VIN Verifications – Effective July 1, 2013, DMV Branch Offices will not conduct VIN verifications.
Walk-in knowledge testing hours for the following transactions only:
- Out of State License Transfer
- CDL Testing
- Motorcycle Endorsement
Tue., Wed. and Fri. – 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Thursday – 9:15 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday – 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Traveling I-84 West: Take exit 57 (I-91 South/Charter Oak Bridge/New York City/Route 15 South). Take exit 86 (I-91 South/New Haven/New York City) onto I-91 South. Follow I-91 South to exit 26 (Marsh Street Exit). Take a right at end of exit. Follow signs to DMV.
Traveling I-84 East: Take exit 52 onto I-91 South. Follow I-91 South to exit 26 (Marsh Street Exit). Take a right off the exit. Follow signs to DMV.
Traveling I-91 South: Take exit 26 (Marsh Street Exit). Take a right off the exit. Follow signs to DMV.
Traveling I-91 North: Take exit 25-26 (Old Wethersfield). Take exit 26. Turn left at end of exit. Follow signs to DMV.
Wethersfield CT DMV Office Tips:
- Show Up Early: DMV offices can sometimes be crowded. You must understand that over 75% of Americans drive to work every day. So a lot of people may be at the DMV office with concerns or questions related to their drivers license.
- Be prepared to wait: With lots of people at your local DMV office, if you are late you will have to wait. the best way to avoid the long lines at the DMV office is to get to the office early.
- Bring a snack: With the often long wait, you may get hungry. If you do you can snack while you wait in any DMV office. You don’t want to miss your number being called because you went out to buy a snack.
- Have a Cool Head: With lots of people at the DMV waiting to be seen it’s easy to get frustrated and loose you cool. Remember that the DMV office counselors are there to assist you. Keeping a cool head and being courteous will help speed the process along.
Locate another DMV Office in Connecticut.