How can i get a copy of my driving history, for Insurance purposes?
April 25, 2023
A) To get a copy of your driving history for insurance purposes, you will need to contact the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in the state where you are licensed to drive. The process and requirements for obtaining a copy of your driving history may vary depending on the state, but in general, you can follow these steps:
- Check the DMV website for your state to see if you can request your driving record online. Many states offer online services that allow you to order a copy of your driving record and pay any associated fees.
- If you cannot request your driving record online, you will need to contact the DMV by phone or in person. Check the DMV website for the phone number and address of the nearest office.
- Provide the required information, such as your driver’s license number, full name, date of birth, and social security number. You may also need to provide proof of identity, such as a valid passport or state-issued ID.
- Pay any applicable fees for the driving record. The fees may vary depending on the state and the type of record requested.
- Once your request is processed, you will receive a copy of your driving history in the mail or via email, depending on the method of delivery you choose.
It’s important to note that your driving record may not include your entire driving history, but rather your record of convictions, license suspensions, and accidents. If you have any questions about what information is included on your driving record, contact the DMV for clarification.