Storm Lake IA DMV Office is ready to help if you need to take your driving test, renew your driving license, get a learner’s permit and many other services. Waiting times can some times be long depending on how many people are at the service center, so go early and you will get out early.
Buena Vista County Treasurer’s Office
215 E. 5th Street
P.O. Drawer 149
Storm Lake, IA 50588
- Tax phone: 712-749-2533
- Motor Vehicle: 712-749-2534
- Driver License: 712-749-2571
- Fax: 712-749-2715 for DL, or 712-749-2561 for Tax & Motor Vehicle
- Office Hours: 8:00 – 4:30 / Monday – Friday
- Driver License: 8:15 – 4:00 / Monday – Friday
- Drive tests by appointment: Available on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Call ahead for an appointment.
- Motorcycle drive tests by appointment: Given on Tuesday @ 1:30 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, weather permitting. Call ahead for an appointment.
- Written tests for Operator, Motorcycles, and CDL’s (Hazmat N/A) daily 8:30 – 3:00
- CDL drive tests are not available here
- If you need Drivers’ License services when we are not available you will need to go to a State operated station. The Spencer State Record site is available Tuesday – Friday from 8:30 – 5:00, and is open Saturdays from 8:00 – 1:00. Phone: 712-262-627
Storm Lake IA DMV Office Tips:
- Show Up Early: DMV offices can sometimes be crowded. You must understand that over 75% of Americans drive to work every day. So a lot of people may be at the DMV office with concerns or questions related to their drivers license.
- Be prepared to wait: With lots of people at your local DMV office, if you are late you will have to wait. the best way to avoid the long lines at the DMV office is to get to the office early.
- Bring a snack: With the often long wait, you may get hungry. If you do you can snack while you wait in any DMV office. You don’t want to miss your number being called because you went out to buy a snack.
- Have a Cool Head: With lots of people at the DMV waiting to be seen it’s easy to get frustrated and loose you cool. Remember that the DMV office counselors are there to assist you. Keeping a cool head and being courteous will help speed the process along.
Locate another DMV Office in Iowa.