My car is currently registered in PA. What is needed to register my vehicle in Nantucket?
January 22, 2023
Q) My car is currently registered in PA. I would like to register it in Nantucket. I am coming up to Nantucket and want to make sure I have all the proper paperwork with me. What is needed to register my vehicle in Nantucket?
A) To register your vehicle in Nantucket, you will need to provide the following:
- Proof of ownership: This can be a title or registration from the previous state.
- Insurance: Your car must be insured with a company licensed to do business in Massachusetts.
- Odometer reading: If your vehicle is less than 10 years old, you will need to provide the current odometer reading.
- Smog check: Some vehicles are required to pass a smog check before being registered.
- Payment for any applicable fees and taxes.
- Any other documentation that Nantucket RMV required.
It’s always a good idea to check with the local Registry of Motor Vehicles office in Nantucket to ensure that you have all the necessary documents and information before you go there.