A) The process of getting your physical state ID card after changing your address online will vary depending on the state you live in. However, here are the general steps involved:
- Once you have successfully changed your address online, you will receive a confirmation email. This email will contain instructions on how to get your physical card.
- You will need to go to a DMV office in your state and bring the following documents:
- Your current state ID card
- Proof of your new address, such as a utility bill or a lease agreement
- A valid form of identification, such as a passport or a birth certificate
- The DMV office will issue you a new state ID card with your updated address.
The specific documents you need to bring may vary depending on the state you live in. It is always a good idea to check with your state’s DMV website for more information.
Here are some additional tips for getting your physical state ID card after changing your address online:
- Allow enough time for the processing of your address change. It may take a few weeks for your new address to be reflected in their system.
- Be prepared to pay a fee for the new card. The fee amount will vary depending on the state.
- If you are unable to go to a DMV office in person, you may be able to mail in your documents and have your new card mailed to you. However, this process may take longer.
I hope this helps!