What do I need to bring in order to get my id changed after getting married?

A) In order to change your name on your identification documents after getting married, you will typically need to bring the following documents to the relevant agency or office:

  1. Marriage certificate: You will need to provide a certified copy of your marriage certificate as proof of your name change.
  2. Current identification: Bring your current government-issued identification, such as your driver’s license or passport, to verify your identity.
  3. Social Security card: You will need to update your name with the Social Security Administration before you can change your name on other documents. Bring your current Social Security card and a copy of your marriage certificate to the Social Security Administration office to update your name.
  4. Proof of residency: You may be required to provide proof of residency, such as a utility bill or lease agreement.

Once you have gathered the necessary documents, you can typically change your name on your driver’s license or state ID card by visiting your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office. You may need to fill out an application, provide your current ID, and pay a fee.

To change your name on your passport, you will need to submit a passport application with the appropriate documentation, including your current passport, a certified copy of your marriage certificate, and a passport photo. You can submit your application at a U.S. Passport Acceptance Facility or U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

It’s important to note that specific requirements may vary by state or country, so be sure to check with the relevant agency or office for detailed instructions on changing your name on your identification documents.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *