Willimantic CT DMV Office is ready to help if you need to take your driving test, renew your driving license, get a learner’s permit and many other services. Waiting times can some times be long depending on how many people are at the service center, so go early and you will get out early.
Hours of Operation:
Willimantic DMV Office
1557 West Main Street
Willimantic, CT 06226
Tue., Wed., Fri. – 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Thurs. – 9:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Sat. – 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- All Vehicle and Boat Registration Services
- All Driver’s License Services – This includes out-of-state license transfers.
- Testing – Knowledge, Road and Vision.
- Learner’s Permits – (Beginning October 8, 2013 Learner’s Permit testing will be by appointment only through DMV’s online service).
- Name changes on DMV document
- Duplicates of DMV documents
- Non-Driver ID Cards
- Disabled Parking Permits
Walk-in knowledge testing hours:
Tue., Wed., and Fri. – 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Thursday – 9:15 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday – 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Effective October 8, 2013 walk-in testing will be for the following transactions only:
- Out of State License Transfer
- CDL Testing
- Motorcycle Endorsement
Traveling Route 66 East: Follow Route 66 (Willimantic Road/Columbia Avenue). Take a left onto Route 32.
Traveling Routes 66 and 32: Follow Routes 66 and 32 through Willimantic center. Bear right, remaining on Route 32 which is Main Street. DMV is approximately one-fourth of a mile on the right.
Traveling Route 32 South: Follow Route 32 south. Continue past Route 6/66 overpass. DMV is one mile on the left.
Willimantic CT DMV Office Tips:
- Show Up Early: DMV offices can sometimes be crowded. You must understand that over 75% of Americans drive to work every day. So a lot of people may be at the DMV office with concerns or questions related to their drivers license.
- Be prepared to wait: With lots of people at your local DMV office, if you are late you will have to wait. the best way to avoid the long lines at the DMV office is to get to the office early.
- Bring a snack: With the often long wait, you may get hungry. If you do you can snack while you wait in any DMV office. You don’t want to miss your number being called because you went out to buy a snack.
- Have a Cool Head: With lots of people at the DMV waiting to be seen it’s easy to get frustrated and loose you cool. Remember that the DMV office counselors are there to assist you. Keeping a cool head and being courteous will help speed the process along.
Locate another DMV Office in Connecticut.