My car was total from the insurance company, I did work on the car, it passed inspection, trying to get title.

Q) My car was total from the insurance company USAA and they has sent the title to MVA and I did work on the car that had passed inspection here in Texas and the documents to show that I have did work 2020 TO 2023 In the car is antique 1998 Jaquar XK8 I moved here when my mother had passed and there was no reason for me to stay in Maryland so now I’m trying to get my title to show the Insurance company that my vehicle is paid off do had a fax to send the documents and to who and I’m a 100% Disable Veteran.

A) I understand that you’re trying to obtain the title for your vehicle and provide documentation to show that your car is paid off to the insurance company. Here are some general steps you can take:

  1. Contact the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA): Since you mentioned that the title was sent to the MVA in Maryland, you should reach out to them first. Explain your situation and inquire about the process to transfer the title or obtain a copy.
  2. Provide necessary documentation: Prepare all the relevant documents that support your claim, including proof of payment for the vehicle, repair receipts, inspection certificates, and any other paperwork that demonstrates the work done on the car. Make sure to gather any documents that show the car is paid off, such as loan statements or a release of lien letter.
  3. Submit the documents: Inquire with the MVA about the preferred method of submission for your documents. They may have specific instructions on where to send the fax or provide alternative options, such as mailing the documents or submitting them online. Ensure you have the correct fax number or address before sending the documents.
  4. Follow up: After sending the documents, consider following up with the MVA to confirm receipt and inquire about the status of your title transfer or request. They should be able to provide you with updates on the process and any further steps you might need to take.
  5. Contact USAA: Reach out to your insurance company, USAA, and inform them about your situation. Provide them with the necessary information, such as the proof of payment and documentation that shows the work done on the vehicle. They can guide you on how to proceed with resolving the issue related to the title.

Given that your situation involves specific details and interactions with multiple organizations, it is important to communicate directly with the Maryland MVA and USAA for accurate and personalized guidance. They will have the most up-to-date information regarding their respective processes and requirements.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *