Norwalk CT DMV Office is ready to help if you need to take your driving test, renew your driving license, get a learner’s permit and many other services. Waiting times can some times be long depending on how many people are at the service center, so go early and you will get out early.
Norwalk DMV Office
540 Main Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851
Hours of Operation:
Tue., Wed., Fri. – 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Thurs. – 9:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Sat. – 8 a.m.to 12:30 p.m.
- All Vehicle and Boat Registration Services – NOTE: VIN Verifications for trailers can not be performed here.
- Testing – Road tests are not conducted at the Norwalk office.
- Learner’s Permits – By appointment only:
- Name changes on DMV documents
- Duplicates of DMV documents
- Non-Driver ID Cards
- Disabled Parking Permits
- VIN Verifications –Effective July 1, 2013, DMV Branch Offices will not conduct VIN verifications
Traveling Merritt Parkway North: Take exit 40B. (Main Avenue, Route 7 North, Danbury). Take a right at the end of the exit. The DMV is approximately one mile up on the right.
Traveling Merritt Parkway South: Take exit 40B. (Route 7 North, Danbury). Take a right off the exit. DMV is approximately one mile on the right.
Traveling I-95 North or South: Take exit 15. (Route 7, Danbury/Norwalk). At end of expressway, turn right. DMV is approximately one fourth of a mile straight ahead.
Traveling Route 7 South (Danbury): At junction of Route 33, bear right and stay on Route 7. DMV is approximately two miles on the left.
Norwalk CT DMV Office Tips:
- Show Up Early: DMV offices can sometimes be crowded. You must understand that over 75% of Americans drive to work every day. So a lot of people may be at the DMV office with concerns or questions related to their drivers license.
- Be prepared to wait: With lots of people at your local DMV office, if you are late you will have to wait. the best way to avoid the long lines at the DMV office is to get to the office early.
- Bring a snack: With the often long wait, you may get hungry. If you do you can snack while you wait in any DMV office. You don’t want to miss your number being called because you went out to buy a snack.
- Have a Cool Head: With lots of people at the DMV waiting to be seen it’s easy to get frustrated and loose you cool. Remember that the DMV office counselors are there to assist you. Keeping a cool head and being courteous will help speed the process along.
Locate another DMV Office in Connecticut.