I just moved to Illinois..what do I need to do to change my Driver license

Q) I just moved to Monmouth Illinois from Ontario California, what do I need to do to change my Driver license and register my car

A) As a new resident of Monmouth, Illinois, there are several steps you will need to take to change your driver’s license and register your car. Here is an overview of the process:

  1. Obtain an Illinois Driver’s License: You will need to apply for an Illinois driver’s license within 90 days of establishing residency in the state. You can do this by visiting a local Secretary of State office and providing proof of identity, residency, and Social Security number. You will also need to pass a vision exam and possibly a written and driving test. For more information on what documents to bring and to schedule an appointment, you can visit the Illinois Secretary of State website.
  2. Register your Vehicle: You will need to register your vehicle in Illinois within 30 days of establishing residency or before your out-of-state registration expires. To do this, you will need to provide your vehicle title, proof of insurance, and a completed registration application to the Illinois Secretary of State office. You may also need to have your vehicle inspected, depending on the age of the vehicle.
  3. Obtain Illinois License Plates: After registering your vehicle, you will be issued Illinois license plates. You will need to affix these plates to your vehicle and return any out-of-state plates to the DMV.

It’s important to note that the specific requirements and fees for obtaining an Illinois driver’s license and registering your vehicle may vary depending on your circumstances, such as the age of your vehicle, your insurance coverage, and other factors. Therefore, it’s recommended to visit the Illinois Secretary of State website or contact your local DMV for more information and guidance.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *