Need new state IL ID card
April 20, 2023
Sure, I can help you with that. Here are the steps on how to get a new state ID card in Illinois:
- Gather the required documents. You will need to provide proof of your identity, residency, and social security number. Acceptable documents include:
- A valid Illinois driver’s license or ID card
- A U.S. passport
- A birth certificate
- A social security card
- A school ID card
- A military ID card
- A tribal ID card
- Schedule an appointment. You can schedule an appointment online or by calling the Illinois Secretary of State’s office.
- Visit a Secretary of State facility. Bring your required documents and payment to your appointment. The fee for a new state ID card is $15.
- Take your photo and fingerprints. You will have your photo taken and your fingerprints taken at the Secretary of State facility.
- Receive your new state ID card. You will receive your new state ID card in the mail within 10 business days.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when getting a new state ID card in Illinois:
- You must be a resident of Illinois to get a new state ID card.
- You must be at least 18 years old to get a new state ID card.
- You must pay a fee to get a new state ID card.
- You must provide proof of your identity, residency, and social security number to get a new state ID card.
I hope this helps!