I just moved to LA. From Texas, and I can not find my Tx. DL. Anywhere

Q) I just moved to LA. From Texas, and I can not find my Tx. DL. Anywhere!! I’ve looked for it for 2 days now. I do have a picture of it. Can I switch to a La. DL ?

A) Yes, you can switch to a California driver’s license if you have recently moved to the state. To do so, you’ll need to visit a California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office and provide the following:

  1. Proof of identity: A passport or birth certificate can be used to prove your identity.
  2. Proof of residency: You’ll need to provide two documents that show your California address, such as a utility bill or bank statement.
  3. Social Security number: You’ll need to provide your Social Security number.
  4. Your current out-of-state license: If you have your Texas license, bring it with you. If you can’t find it, you can provide a photo of it.

You’ll also need to pass a vision test, written test, and/or driving test, depending on the requirements for getting a license in California. After passing the required tests, you’ll receive your new California driver’s license.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *